Friday 9 August 2013

Week two class exercise



Step 1

  

Nature Boardwalk At Lincoln Park Zoo
Nature Boardwalk At Lincoln Park Zoo

Step 1 model
Step 2 model


I chose Nature Boardwalk At Lincoln Park Zoo for my step one. In this exercise, first I folded my paper many times from the left hand side to the right hand side and from the top to the bottom, because want to soften the paper and also give the paper some sort of grid, so I can cut some holes later. I only cut few lines of hole on the paper, because the paper is thin and weak comparing to the actually object, cutting too many holes on the paper will make it weaker and it wont probably be able to stand. After I have softened the paper and cut holes to it, I have made my first paper model.

Step 2


Marble Curtain
Aqua tower

Solar Carve Tower

Step 2 model
Step 2 model


I have picked three of Studio Gang Architects work for my step 2, I think they are the best of their work and very inspiring to me as well. I’m in love with their architectural style, very organic and natural, when I looked like it, it just makes me feel comfortable and relaxed. 

In my step 2 model, I tried to make the shape of it to look very smooth and comfortable in a cylinder (like the Marble Curtain ). The Aqua tower’s waving layering surface looks so comfortable and pretty, I have added that to my model as well, the waving lines on the surface of my model is related to the Aqua tower. I have also put the Solar Carve Tower’s feel into my model, like one part of building looks like is cut out by a big knife. Same to my model the top and bottom looks like is cut by something else.



Step 3





Step 3 model
Step 3 model


When I use multiple papers to make this model, I felt a lot more free and easy to do it, some places are easy to show the details. It can actually allow me to make my model more creative than before. I can also look into one part of the model check and change it when ever I want, as my model is made of 3 parts. It can be modified. However, I felt with more paper I will spend more time on it, on the details of the model.



Image reference:




No comments:

Post a Comment